Thursday, February 14, 2013

Jesus Piece

Game does not play games. Comparatively, he is like a movie; the lyrical contents in his music portrays images and indirect sounds in my head.  With his music suffering over the years, Game came back with a number one, highly anticipated studio album entitled Jesus Piece.  His spiritual side talked and walked with me while I studied the album.  Now, everywhere I go, I have to have my earphones plugged into one of his thirteen tracks on the album.

Game, a Compton-based rapper, went spiritual on me with this album.  Without delay, Game switched over to a different approach of his music.  Instead of rapping about drugs, gangs, and violence, he decided to leave that scene of music on his fifth album.  Stereotypically, one would think that he would continue rapping about those topics, but with a wife and three children, he had to travel down a different road with his music.

I was at All-Region Clinic in Jonesboro when we stopped to eat at the Turtle Creek Mall.  My tradition is buying studio albums due to my love of CD's.  I went to Target and saw the album Jesus Piece and I knew I had to buy it immediately.  With this intention, for $11.99, I bought the thirteen-track disk without regrets.  Significantly, I cannot believe $11.99 changed my life!


                                                                    


This album is dedicated to Game's late older brother, Jevon Danell Taylor.  He got shot over a dispute with a female; he was only twenty-one.  Over time, controversy leaked out when angry fans were offended by the set album art, effecting the units sold of Jesus Piece.  As a result, the album's artwork was the picture of his brother, while the controversial one became the deluxe edition artwork.

The tracks of Jesus Piece compose spiritual content, referring to the Grace of God and Jesus Christ.  To point out, he went so spiritual on this album, he won a gospel award for it! Really?!  If one knew Game, one would know that he is not capable of writing gospel music.  In brief, all thirteen tracks soothed my senses with his flow of lyrics and the charisma presented in his fifth album.

In the final analysis, the reason why I bought this album was for the positive comments and ratings of Game's work.  I am so honored to own a masterpiece like no other.  I could listen to this album a billion times because the production of Jesus Piece was genius. Although the album did not successfully sell as many units intended, I am proud to say that Jesus Piece is my favorite studio album of all time.


  • similie
  • metaphor
  • hyperbole

No comments:

Post a Comment